New York Life Insurance - New York Life Annuity Policies written to Deceive with Govt Blessing
According to the St of WA Office of Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler:
Even though the NYL policy did not provide a minimum guaranteed fixed interest rate, it is perfectly acceptable for them to state in the Policy: "Minimum Guaranteed Fixed Interest Rate: 3%." The policy holder should have known that this was an Option explained elsewhere.
According to the Office of Mike Kreidler:
It is perfectly acceptable for the Guaranteed Death Benefit feature and its costs to be excluded from the NYL Policy because it is covered in the Prospectus. The consumer should have known that this feature and its costs were part of what was purchased by reading about them in the Prospectus.
According to the Office of Mike Kreidler: It is perfectly acceptable that the "Free Look Provision" (the 10 days you have to cancel with no penalty) only refers to the reviewing the policy and does not inform the consumer that the policy is not a complete or exclusive description of the products purchased and their related costs. The consumer should know that key information is only contained in the Prospectus.
When an Agent meets with a customer, they review the parts of the prospectus that apply to the annuity(ies) and features they are recommending. However, the customer is asked to sign a Client Profile that states, "I/We have read and understood the prospectus and above disclosure ….." This will be used against the consumer if there is a problem and it is used by unethical agents to mislead.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Variable Annuity With Guaranteed Death Benefit
- Review category
- Financial Services
You May Also Like
- "Not sure how many people read the paper these days...but today in the Bourbonnais, Illinois Daily Journal a story line caught my eye...'IL residents snap up U.S. State Silver Bars'...."
- "Not happy with cheating hundreds of expats out of their hard-earned retirement money by promising high-yielding bogus investments, De Vere is a world-class scammer of unsuspecting new financial consultant recruits.The..."
- "If you are ever contacted by Pacific Tycoon, telling they purchase containers on your behalf, lease them out for you, promising high returns: either fixed 12% or fluctuating returns averaging..."
- "My deck surrounds my entire home and this is what I have to look at after using this paint. I feel totally sick. This paint cost us a lot of..."
- "My poor son! He's devastated. He was offered a "free fix"...but all that will do is make him bald. So angry. ..."
- "I started this regimen back in March for a week then I stopped and started once again in May 2016 at 215 lbs. This month of September 2016 I have..."
- "I brought a LG Stylo 2 phone at the end of Aug 2016, within the 1st month my SIM card went out for no reason, the company sent me..."
- "Not much to say (there 4 pictures taken on the same visit say it all). I have been consistently disappointed in the quality of veggies and produce at the..."